Become a member today!
The African Plant Breeders Association (APBA) is an initiative of full-fledged scientists in Africa from higher education institutions (HEIs), research organisations and private companies who felt the need to change the narrative of crop improvement and the seed sector in Africa.
It is a forum dedicated to building capacities, problem solving, resources mobilization, and long-term strategic development of the agricultural sector in Africa through effective plant breeding programs and provision of tangible solutions to governments, seed companies, non-governmental organisations, and individual growers.
At a meeting of the Interim Executive Members in October 2019, it was agreed that prospective members should pay membership subscription dues to become substantive members.
- Advocacy to influence policymakers on Plant Breeding matters and funding
- Discounted registration fee for paid-up members at APBA Conferences/Meetings
- Networking and mentoring
- Award scheme to recognize outstanding achievements in Plant Breeding
- Fostering cross-discipline and cross-continent collaborations
- Strengthening African higher education institutions
- Fostering Private-Public and Public-Public Partnerships
- Providing knowledge on modern techniques and technology in plant breeding and related disciplines
- Grants and Fellowships for international meetings
- Bi-annual E-newsletter